Wednesday, August 21, 2019

20,000 Steps

We started the day exploring as we made our way to the Guinness Brewery where we learned all about the art of brewing what the people of Ireland consider their nectar of the heavens! We made a stop by The Temple Bar before the hustle and bustle and you can definitely feel the history as it spills from the memorabilia adorning the walls.















The Guinness Brewery is something spectacular and is a complete history lesson in itself, it's definitely an acquitted taste but the experience was one that I would not have missed!












The live music here has been nothing short of spectacular and there is always a fiddle which you all know makes me like a kid in a candy store!




We took a walking tour of the Dublin Castle and I will warn you that the pictures do not do it justice, it is absolutely stunning. There are three pictures below that are murals on the ceiling of the St. Patricks Hall that particularly stood out to me! 
















Grafton Street is the 5th Ave of Dublin! I wanted to venture into the Louis Vuitton store but we would have had to end the trip early. As we were exploring the street there were vendors selling the most beautiful flowers I have seen in a while, it was a warm pick me up amidst the dreary cool weather we have been experiencing! 















My Tuscaloosa folks will definitely get the reference for the picture below!



We ended up back at The Temple Bar for a few pints and a bite to eat! 



We couldn't even finish our bar treats and I received a message about another restaurant right down the street from a friend who knows my love for all things fries. I hate to even call these fries because they shouldn't be categorized with all fries because they are not all created equal. 

Boxty Fries, y'all!!!



The recipe is on the website and isn't a quick fix but definitely worth it, I will be giving these a try as soon as I am home! Everyone said they are the most exciting thing we have eaten thus far!

We are tired, quite possibly still a bit jet lagged so we are in for the night, jammies are going on and we are enjoying a nap cap and some sweet treats! It's been 2 days and we feel like we've been gone for a week, in the morning we pick up our rental and heading south toward Cork.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Finale!

As I mentioned in the last post, the idea to blog daily was a good thought but in reality it wasn't practical. I will wrap things up wi...